Tuesday 30 September 2014

Hon'ble Minister's surprise visit to post office, seeks explanation behind the mess

Delhi: Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad spearheaded the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Clean India' drive at the postal department offices on Monday.
He was seen chiding officers and sought explanation on why post offices in Delhi had not been cleaned.
Prasad said, "I picked up the garbage myself today. You must have seen that. I opened the cupboard myself to see the dirt. I hope a message is sent in the entire country after this."
Prasad even warned officers saying, "I can turn up in any post office any time."
The NDA government will kickstart its Swachh Bharat Abhiyan officially on October 2. The initiative is part of Modi's aim to clean up country's public spots by October 2019.

No comments: